1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup whole milk
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
4-4 1/2 cups icing sugar
2-4 tbsp whole milk
2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
Optional spinkles to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare your cupcake pan with liners.
2. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Place milk and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes to melt the butter but not to boil the milk.
4. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs for 30 seconds then slowly add the sugar while still beating. Beat eggs and sugar together on high for 5 minutes. The eggs should triple in volume and lighten to be a cream colour.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
6. Pour the warm milk and butter into the bowl that had the flour. Add in vanilla and vegetable oil. Whisk together.
7. Take about 1/2 cup of batter and add to the bowl with milk. This will help bring the temperature of the milk down. Whisk together until smooth.
8. Pour the milk mixture into the large bowl with the rest of the batter. Beat until combined and smooth.
9. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
10. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before making frosting and decorating.
1. Beat butter for 5 minutes until lightened in colour and smooth.
2. Mix in vanilla and salt.
3. Gradually add in icing sugar a cup at a time. Beating in between. Adding a tablespoon of milk at a time when frosting starts to get to thick.
4. Beat for 5 minutes to smooth out.
I used a 1M piping tip and sprinkles to decorate.