Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 1/8 cup black cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water or hot coffee
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup + 2tbsp whipping cream
- 2 tbsp nutella
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 2-4 tbsp milk
- 6 kinder bars (21g bars)
- Kinder bueno bars to decorate, either split in half or in pieces
- If you are making the filling, start here. If not, skip to making the cupcakes
- Place white chocolate chips and 2 tbsp cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth. Stir in nutella and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer, whip the rest of the cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt for 6-8 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the white chocolate mixture until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least an hour or until ready to fill the cooled cupcakes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare your cupcake pan with liners.
- In a medium size bowl, combine cocoa powders and boiling water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Add in the cocoa powder mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until done. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Start by melting the kinder bars in a bowl in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth. Set aside.
- Beat butter in a stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer for 5 minutes until lightened in colour and smooth.
- Add in vanilla and salt.
- Add in icing sugar 1 cup at a time. If the buttercream starts to get thick, add in 1 tbsp of milk at a time until smooth.
- Add in the melted kinder bars and beat for 5 minutes, scraping the bowl down a couple times.
- If you made the filling, core and fill the cupcakes.
- Pipe buttercream onto the cupcakes and top with a piece of kinder bueno.