- 1/8 cup black cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 24 Lindor chocolates
- Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine both cocoa powders and hot coffee. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla. Add in the coffee mixture.
- Add the wet to the dry and stir to combine.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 full. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, unwrap 12 lindors and keep in a bowl. When the cupcakes have baked for 10 minutes quickly put one lindor on each cupcake and press down slightly. Bake for another 8 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before decorating. For these cupcakes I use chocolate swiss meringue buttercream and drizzle the top with the left over ganache, then top with the remaining lindors. Frosting recipe has its own recipe written on this website.