- Chocolate cake (recipe posted)
- 2-4 spoonfuls vanilla buttercream
- Cookies and cream or vanilla Meltables/Candy Melts
- Oreo baking crumbs
- Cake pop sticks
- Crumble hot cakes with a stand mixer or an electric hand mixed. If using your hands to crumble the cake wait until the cake has cooled.
- Add in a tablespoon of buttercream at a time until dough sticks together. You want enough buttercream so that the cake balls don't fall apart when you roll them but you don't want to much buttercream that the cake becomes overly sweet.
- Roll dough into about tablespoon size balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place the sheet in the freezer while you melt the candy melts.
- Melt just a small handful of chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until consistent.
- Take cake out of the freezer, placing the tray on the counter. Dip about 1 cm of the cake pop stick into the chocolate and then into the centre of the cake ball at the top. Repeat with all cake pops and put back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- If you have a cake pop stand, have this out to be able to use immediately after dipping. If not, just use the same baking sheet.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate in the same bowl according to the packaging.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a tall glass to dip the cake pops. Take the cake pops out of the freezer.
- One by one dip each cake pop into the melted chocolate and then setting in your cake pop stand or back on the baking sheet. After a few, sprinkle Oreo crumbs over the cake pop. Keep repeating this process until all cake pops are covered with chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to set and then they are ready to eat.