Yield: 6 inch layered cake
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup black cocoa
- 1 cup hot coffee or boiling water
- 2 cup flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or whole milk (room temperature)
- 1 cup oil
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate ganache or candy melts
- Chocolate to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare cake pans with cooking spray and parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine coffee and cocoa powders. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour coffee mix into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Stir to combine. Add all to bowl with dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until done.
- Once cooled start assembly. Stacking each layer on top of each other with frosting in between.
- Cover cake with crumb coat and place in freezer for 20 minutes or until sturdy.
- Complete final coat of frosting and place back in freezer until frosting is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Decorate cake with chocolate drip and arrangement of assorted chocolate.