- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature but still cool)
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes until smooth and lightened in colour.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Stir in sprinkles. An alternative option to stirring in sprinkles is to roll the dough balls in sugar.
- Roll dough into 1 inch size balls and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cook for several minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.